Tuesday 1 May 2012

Paper Engineering - Corina & Co.

Whilst researching children's pop up books, I came across a paper engineering company called Corina & Co. (web address http://www.corinaandco.com/). 

This company have constructed a large majority of popular children's pop up books, including two of the books I referenced in my previous post - Oliver Jeffers' 'Lost and Found' and Sam McBratney's  'Guess How Much I Love You.

What I like most about Corina & Co.'s work is that she has kept her pop up version of the book true to the original illustrations (example below). By sticking so close to the book illustrations, none of the orginal character and charm of the book is lost - this is something that I want to bare in mind when creating my paper pop up expriments...



Oliver Jeffer's Original Version
Corina & Co.'s Pop Up Version



The Scrap Book/ Diary section of her website (http://www.corinaandco.com/corina-fletcher-scrapbook-diary/) gives an insight into how she works, the processes and tools she uses, and people that are of influence to her - again, something else that I can learn from too.





No comments:

Post a Comment